City of Hope Associate Research Business Analyst in Monrovia, California
Job Title: Associate Research Business Analyst
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nationâ€™s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Clinical Research Systems, the analyst's primary role is to translate business and user requirements through conversations with subject matter experts into functional requirements in an appropriate level of detail that can be used for system configurations enhancements. The analyst is also responsible for working with the Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and leadership to complete workflow decisions, workflow documentation and supporting policies. The analyst responsibilities also include the development, planning, documentation, and delivery of training for clinical research system initiatives. This person should train according to recognized industry guidance, best practices, and any compliance mandates required by the organization.
- Contribute to workflow design, documentation, and configuration
- Assist with milestone and deliverable tracking
- Assist with post-implementation usage, identifying required system modifications, new opportunities to enhance the usefulness of existing technologies and adding appropriate new technologies
OnCore and Epic Business Support
- Serve as a liaison between the subject matter experts and the OnCore and Epic teams to gather and communicate requirements which help define and verify OnCore and Epic configurations
- Facilitate, coordinate, and arbitrate cross-functional discussions and decisions with subject matter experts within key functional areas
- Build strong relationships with project sponsors, subject matter experts, and team members
- Work with SMEs and project leadership to complete workflow decisions, workflow documentation, and supporting policies
- Ability to understand the organizationâ€™s strategic priorities and adapt project timelines and tasks accordingly
- Ability to escalate risks or issues effectively within the organization, if needed
- Ability to identify and manage scope changes during the course of a project
- Assist with data quality control for the clinical research systems
- Work with end users to develop reports to meet operational needs and ensure proper management of clinical research
- Orchestrate and drive the successful and timely completion of training, orientation, and continuing education programs
- Execute classroom training for system end users
- Create and maintain training materials
- Build and maintain training environment
- Coordinate and track orientation of new/transfer employees to completion
- Develop and report training program metrics
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 1-2 years of experience in a software related business analyst role. Experience in the clinical research industry
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Comprehensive Cancer Center Experience a plus
- Strongly preferred prior use of a CTMS and EHR
- Experience in academic or research environment preferred
- Demonstrate accountability in project ownership and solution oriented work approach
- Creative problem solving skills; ability to navigate through ambiguous situations
- Proven organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Effective technical writing skills including previous experience in writing procedures or processes relevant to documenting requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint Strong written and oral communication skills, attention to detail, customer service orientation and proven ability to perform work accurately and efficiently. Outstanding work ethic and excellent attendance record.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a team. Excellent organizational and analytic skills, with the proven ability to multi-task, trouble shoot and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated knowledge regarding requirements for research involving human subjects and or clinical background and experience. Experience with clinical trials financial management preferred for study calendar creation.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. #LI-DA1 | *CB-DA dice