City of Hope Sr ETL/BI Developer - IBM Cognos in Irwindale, California
Job Title: Sr. ETL / BI Developer - IBM Cognos
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nationâ€™s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Responsible for leading the design and support of Data warehouse & Business Intelligence architecture , programming reports, dashboards using SQL server Integration tools, IBM Cognos BI tool , software Requirement gathering, analysis and coordination with technical team. Works with senior management to understand and prioritize data and information requirements. Expert technical role. Provides technical expertise and direction for the development of complex business intelligence and decision support systems solutions.
- Utilizes understanding of dimensional data modeling techniques , data warehousing, design and concepts to produce balanced scorecard design, and design of dashboards and KPIâ€™s (Key Performance Indicators).
- Develops data marts, scheduled and ad-hoc parameterized queries, and reports from a variety of data sources and provides on-going analytical support for these requests. Converts existing reporting tools to a standardized reporting infrastructure.
- Design, develop, and implement data warehouse and business intelligence applications and dashboards utilizing industry standard tools
- Develop and implement business logic and the ETL (extract, transform, and load) mechanism to populate the EDW (Enterprise Data Warehouse) and Programming ETL tool with business rules to be applied to data from source input to target data repository, automating data extraction/load programs to run on regular schedule.
- Responsible for creating & maintaining significant enhancements and customizations to major applications using both custom application vendor delivered and/or generic programming tools.
- Design, create, test and maintain a portfolio of reports, scorecards and dashboards.
- Stay informed about Business Intelligence industry trends, technologies and best practices that can be applied to achieve business goals
- Forecast and analyze data and trends to create reports that highlight areas needing improvement.
- Participates in On Call afterhours support (24/7) coverage as required
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelorâ€™s Degree (Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements)
5 years or more in a SQL programming & IBM Cognos Reporting analyst position working with large multi-user systems
- Required experience in data warehouse and business intelligence applications including data design, database architecture, metadata and repository creation. Assists in the development, maintenance, and support of an enterprise data warehouse system and corresponding data marts. Troubleshoots and tunes existing data warehouse applications. Assists in creating new or enhanced components of the data warehouse.
- EPIC Clarity Database Knowledge a Plus
- Experience working with IBM Cognos versions 8 to 11
- Experience working with SQL Servicer versions 2008 to 2016 and Access Database
- Experience with database technologies such as Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and SQL Server. Experience developing or managing ETL packages, across platforms such as SQL Server, DTS or SSIS. Proficiency in SQL. Experience with BI Technologies mainly IBM Cognos
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with dis ability. # LI-DA1 | *CB-DA dice