City of Hope Senior Data & Reporting Analyst in Irwindale, California
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nationâ€™s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hopeâ€™s mission is to â€œturn hope into reality.â€? Focused on eliminating cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening illnesses, City of Hope has established itself as a world-class leader in transforming the future of health. Raising the philanthropic resources to fuel its leading-edge research, its exquisite and compassionate clinical care, and its advancement of biomedical education and training, is a vital component of the City of Hope model of success. Each member of the Office of Philanthropy is a stakeholder in this work, with personal accountability for his/her role in building a successful future of delivering new cures, treatments and education.
The Office of Philanthropyâ€™s vision is to support this life-saving work by being known institutionally and nationally as a model of excellence among elite fundraising programs. Recent recruitments of nationally and internationally renowned faculty offer advancement leaders new opportunity for partnership among philanthropy, research and patient care.
To this end, we invest in our staff through the Team Activation Program (TAP) initiative. This initiative increases the effectiveness of our team through focused transparency & accountability, building trust within teams; training & development; celebrating innovation & risk taking; enhancing team communications and removing roadblocks to maximize activation. The TAP initiative ensures that the Office of Philanthropy is poised to move quickly, effectively and efficiently to maximize opportunities on behalf of City of Hope. Your onboarding plan has been developed to introduce you to the leadership, colleagues and systems that support these outcomes.
Under the supervision of the Manager of Finance and Administration, performing a variety of financial, operational, and administrative duties and analysis functions in support of the day-to-day operations for the Philanthropy Group. Assists in the resolving problems that have a significant impact on the overall goals for the City of Hope (COH) and the group. Has the ability to work independently and in groups and ensures the integrity of financial related reports and trends.
- Compile, reconcile, analyze, summarize, and interpret accurate financial data for reports, trends, and presentations to all levels in the organization. Knowledge of GAAP, CASE, and/or other financial and fundraising performance reporting methodologies are helpful.
- Research and prepare variance analysis and explanations for commentary in management reports, financial reviews, and special projects critical to making business decisions. Primary focus is tracking fundraising/fundraiser performance reports, analysis, and trends from CRM; operating and capital expensesâ€ actual vs. budget, historical trend, discretionary vs. non-discretionary, labor and non-labor expenses by VP or department from PeopleSoft; generation and maintenance of end to end dashboard consisting of contributions from CRM combined with expenses in PeopleSoft from the EDW data mart.
- Routine communication with Gift Administration and Corporate Accounting relating to revenue and expense processing, financial close, issues, and deliverables.
- Cross train, provide coaching and direction, and review work as requested by financial analyst, event budget analyst, financial reporting specialist, and temporary personnel in the department.
- Create and maintain detailed financial models and templates for actual, budget, projections, and forecasts.
- Identify, investigate, analyze, and cordially communicate to responsible areas reporting requirements, potential enhancement or improvement and any discrepancy among processes that should be tracked and monitored by others. Research current trends and implement measures and procedures that can help improve process flows for colleagues and others in the daily routine.
- Plan, evaluate, create, and maintain internal templates in the preparation and review of Philanthropy groupâ€™s annual operating budget to support and assist Corporate Finance.
- Train and work with staff members within Philanthropy group in running and understanding monthly reports; help resolve budget issues; interpret budget policies and procedures to various staff members.
- Annually assist in gathering data to complete various benchmarking surveys.
- Maintain key performance indicator in the system such as annual drive or campaign, fundraising designation and hierarchy that impacts fundraising performance; assign users to type of reports and departmental or projects to reports in PeopleSoft.
- Scope business needs and either independently develop adhoc queries in AccessHope or test ITS delivered queries in PeopleSoft in order to retrieve aggregated data needed for reports and analysis.
- Assist Manager of Finance and Data/Reporting Systems Analyst with maintaining Data Mart as primary tool for financial reports and analysis. Develop and maintain insightful financial metrics and reporting solutions for operational team as well as executive presentation using dashboards developed in Excel, Tableau, and other available tools.
- Perform special requests, projects, and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- 4-8 years related experience in business or financial analysis in applying generally accepted accounting principles, personnel practices, and operational support.
- Proven experience in financial reporting producing a variety of reports using data migration skills including pivot tables, vlookup, macros, visual basics, or other data extraction methods.
- MicroSoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Proven experience with Tableau, PeopleSoft, Business Objects, Microsoft Access, and SQL Server, SQL Server Management Studio, Blackbaudâ€™s Constituent Relationship Management or Raiserâ€™s Edge system.
- Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining co Display tact/consideration in dealing with City of Hope employees.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral/written communication and organizational skills.
- High degree of intellectual curiosity and able to quickly grasp business concepts.
- Ability to think creatively and to work well both as part of a team and as an individualnfidentiality.
- Experience in fundraising or event services is preferred.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.