City of Hope Financial Analyst-Foundation in Irwindale, California
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nationâ€™s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Under general supervision, the Financial Analyst will perform complex financial and analytical studies. Conduct budgeting and accounting functions, supports physician recruitment and compensation modeling. Will also assist in the preparation of financial and executive reports.
- Assist in the development and implementation of operating budgets for City of Hope Medical Foundation. Components of the budgeting process include planning, budget assumption development and coordinating senior management review.
- Conduct budget variance analyses and evaluate revenue and cost efficiencies in various areas of the organization.
- Support month-end closing analyses, prepares financial statements and productivity reports and monitors Medical Foundationâ€™s capital/project spending.
- Develop financial and operational business review executive packages for Executive Committees, City of Hope Medical Group Board and City of Hope Parent Board.
- Conduct financial analyses and synthesize available information to provide decision support to Senior Leadership
- Perform financial reviews and analyses in partnership with internal departments and external advisors.
- Develop, maintain and distribute ad-hoc reports and financial models as needed.
- Assist in implementation of City of Hope Medical Group physician incentive compensation model.
- Conduct physician incentive compensation and productivity analyses for City of Hope Medical Foundation and City of Hope Medical Group.
- Develop physician financial and operational performance reports and presents the findings to City of Hope Medical Foundation and City of Hope Medical Group.
- Develop business case model and benchmarking tools to be used in evaluating the existing and the addition of prospective physicians.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to structure and execute key strategic initiatives.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics. Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of financial analytical experience in a healthcare setting, preferable with a large multi-specialty physician group or medical foundation.
- Besides formal training and education, must have a strong analytical background, advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel and Access).
- Detailed working approach and result-oriented nature
- Ability to work well with others in a fast paced, dynamic environment
Working / Environmental Conditions
- Atmosphere and environment associated with an office setting. Smoke free environment.
- Subject to regularly changing priorities or work assignments
- Light physical effort
- Mostly sedentary work
- Occasional standing/walking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with other departments.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.