City of Hope Business Systems Analyst - Informatics Program in Irwindale, California
Job Title: Business Systems Analyst - Informatics Program
Requisition ID#: 12330
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Business Systems Analyst is the subject matter expert who ensures applications in Research Informatics meet stakeholders' business needs. BSA routinely reviews and analyzes business process, workflow procedures, and job functions to provide insight and suggestions for improvements. Participates in medium to large system related projects to develop a business case during project initiation, identify business needs and develop functional requirements and prototypes for system design. The BSA works with the QA team to ensure systems requirements are validated.Individuals in this role will act as liaison between clinicians, researchers and other COH staff to clarify requirements and facilitate user acceptance testing.
- Maintains requirements for all Research Informatics applications.
- Performs detailed analysis of system requirements to understand business needs.
- Creates functional specifications for technical development and enhancement.
- Collaborates with Technical Development teammates to evaluate solution alternatives and influence recommended solution
- Assists QA team members with system testing requirements and conducts system and integration tests to ensure application requirements are successfully met.
- Provides as needed production support to end users and facilitates User Acceptance Tests.
- Works closely with Project Manager during implementation, including end user training. Includes assisting with project plan development as appropriate.
- Provides ad hoc reporting in response to management and production support requests.
- Leads stakeholder meetings for requirements gathering.
- Maintains growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to maintain certification/licensure, and/or keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in informatics, computer science, epidemiology, biology, nursing or related field. Experience may substitute for minimum education requirement
- 3 years of experience in a Business Analysis. Relevant experience in healthcare or research environment can substitute for BA experience.
- Experience in a health care or research environment
- Experience with relational databases and SQL queries
- Ability to exercise independence and use creative approaches to problem-solving
- Proficient communication skills; maintaining a positive relationship with stakeholders and development team members
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with dis ability. # LI-DA1 | *CB-DA