City of Hope Transformation & Internal Communications Coordinator in Duarte, California
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nationâ€™s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Reporting to the Director, Executive Communications, the Transformation & Internal Communications Coordinator will coordinate, track and support internal communications project tasks and activities on behalf of City of Hopeâ€™s Transformation and Internal Communications team.
The Transformation & Internal Communications Coordinator will:
- Generate story ideas, conduct interviews and produce content for City of Hopeâ€™s Transformation & Internal communications channels (e.g., email, intranet, blog, newsletters).
- Help develop and manage a comprehensive Transformation & Internal Communications content calender.
- Provide proof-reading and editing support for Transformation & Internal Communications content and materials, ensuring correct grammar and punctuation, uniform formatting and compliance with established City of Hope communications style rules.
- Support the Transformation & Internal Communications team in tracking and reporting on key communications channel and vehicle metrics.
- Support media monitoring and reporting on key topics of interest to City of Hope leaders and other internal stakeholders.
- Assist the planning, implementation and evaluation of select Transformation & Internal Communications events and initiatives, including the quarterly Leadership Update, annual City Forum and internal campaigns.
- Support Transformation & Internal Communications staff in finalizing presentations and other communications resources for internal stakeholders, as needed.
- Serve as a Transformation & Internal Communications liaison to City of Hopeâ€™s Creative Solutions team, submitting project requests to Brand Connect and tracking the development and delivery of print, digital and video resources.
- Assist the tracking and updating of the Internal & Executive Communications teamâ€™s program budget and process staff reimbursement requests and vendor invoices.
- Schedule meetings; coordinate agendas and other meeting materials; participate in meetings and develop and distribute meeting/creative brainstorm notes; and follow up on key meeting action items.
- Handle arrangements for staff business-related travel.
- Make recommendations for and facilitate the ordering of staff supplies and equipment.
- 30% - Provides proofing, editorial and content development support for Transformation and Internal Communications.
- 20% - Supports the planning, implementation and tracking of Transformation & Internal Communications projects.
- 5% - Provides research to support Transformation & Internal Communications tasks and activities.
- 20% - Coordinates Transformation & Internal Communications team and staff meetings, collecting and planning agenda items; reserving meeting rooms; preparing and distributing notes and handling other appropriate follow-up tasks.
- 20% - Provides general administrative support for Tranformation & Internal Communications team operations.
- 5% - Assumes other duties as assigned.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, includingadherence to theworkplaceCode of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
The following shared, organization-wide competencies describe the desired behaviors that will facilitate success at City of Hope:
- Communication - Expresses ideas clearly and constructively (written and spoken, upward and downward, one-on-one and with groups).
- Customer Service - Seeks to understand customer needs and works to exceed customer expectations (internal and external).
- Initiative - Looks for opportunities to improve performance; manages time, work, and relationships effectively and efficiently.
- Professionalism - Treats others with respect; abides by the institutional values; displays a positive and cooperative attitude; adheres to the workplace Code of Conduct and compliance policies.
- Stewardship - Identifies efficiencies to reduce redundancy and/or elimination of tasks resulting in savings of cost, resources, and or/time.
- Teamwork - Works proactively and collaboratively with others to streamline work and achieve mutual goals.
- Bachelor degree
- 2 years of experience as a communications, marketing and/or administrative assistant; or 1 year of relevant work experience and multiple college internships
- BA in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or English
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Strong organizational skills to effectively manage multiple projects from inception to completion
- Superior project management, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to create tables and other simple graphics
- Anticipates needs, responds quickly, provides guidance and support, monitors and follows up as required
- High ethics and strong set of values
- Demonstrates high standards of personal excellence by continually seeking ways to improve performance, and setting and working to achieve goals
- Willingness to learn, while contributing ideas drawn from knowledge and experience
- Displays a passion for healthcare and making a difference. Expresses commitment to City of Hopeâ€™s mission and personally identifies with its vision
- Skilled in using Office 365 programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Familiar with media databases, such as Meltwater and Cision
Working / Environmental Conditions:
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.