City of Hope Senior Epic Protocol Content Administrator in Duarte, California
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Job Title: Senior EPIC Protocol Content Administrator
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities:
The EPIC Protocol Content Administrator (EPCA) reports directly to the Senior Director, Clinical Research Services. S/he is part of a team dedicated to working collaboratively with physicians, Clinical Research Nurses, Clinical Research Nurse Managers, Clinical Research Coordinators, Investigational Drug Pharmacists and the EPIC (Beacon/Willow) build team in support of clinical research trials conducted at COH. The EPIC Protocol Content Administrator, in collaboration with the Principal Investigator, Disease and Modality Team and the study team, will have primary responsibility for the therapeutic clinical research content development of all therapeutic protocols that will guide ten Willow and Beacon build as part of the EPIC Electronic Health Record.
The EPIC Protocol Content Administrator will use comprehensive knowledge of therapeutic clinical research studies to develop clear, timely and comprehensive protocol-specific content, (including but not limited to detailed delivery instructions for all required pre-medications, supportive therapy, scans, labs and investigational drugs) for all assigned research studies in support of the EPIC Beacon/Willow build teams. The EPIC Protocol Content Administrator, in partnership with the Disease/Modality Team, Study Team and the EPIC Beacon/Willow build teams, will ensure that all research-related content in the EPIC EHR is accurate and up-to-date for both new and ongoing clinical research trials.
This individual will bring expertise to the coordination and completion of complex order-set builds to support the day-to-day clinical research care operations of the City of Hope. The incumbent will be expected to demonstrate behavioral skills that contribute to a productive work environment and provide excellent customer service to the research fraternity.
- Collaborates with Principal Investigator, Disease/Modality Team and Study Team to develop comprehensive protocol-specific content, (including but not limited to detailed delivery instructions for all required pre-medications, supportive therapy, scans, labs and investigational drug) for assigned research studies
- Coordinates across multiple disciplines to ensure that care instructions are consistent with the scope of practice of each discipline, clear, comprehensive and in keeping with City of Hope standard operating procedure. Supports the efforts of all care providers to deliver quality care.
- Develops and maintains up-to-date tracking and status of all projects, from assignment through completion. Reviews status with management and peers as appropriate. Proactively communicates challenges and escalates appropriately to ensure that assigned projects are completed in a timely manner.
- Actively participates, as a member of the Content Development Team, on the development of new and efficient workflows to ensure timely delivery of content and facilitation of required validations
- Promotes collaboration and teamwork among all members of the clinical trials office and the healthcare team
- Maintains current knowledge, skills and competencies through involvement in professional continuing education activities
- Adheres to all professional and regulatory standards. Complies with all applicable regulations and company policies; ensures that work is performed in a safe and compliant manner; completes all required training on time and maintains proper records in accordance with SOPs and policies
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, includingadherence to theworkplaceCode of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Minimum education: Current RN License, BSN required OR Graduate of an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy with a BS Pharmacy Degree, Pharm D, preferred.
- Minimum 5-8 years' experience as an RN, Clinical Research related to clinical trials, or Pharmacist working in an academic environment, or equivalent combination of education and clinical research experience.
- Required certification/licensure: Current Pharmacist License OR current RN License.OCN preferred.
- Preferred certification/licensure:EPIC certification preferably both Beacon and Willow.
- Preferred Experience: EPIC Beacon Build Experience, preferably at least 1 year
- Familiarity with EPIC and the delivery of care within the EPIC environment.
- Previous experience as either a clinical research RN OR clinical research pharmacist preferred
- Skills/Abilities:Excellent oral/written communication. Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy, and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Able to effectively multi-task and manage multiple, complex projects on schedule. Ability to review project deliverables for completeness, quality and compliance with established project standards.
- Self-motivated, independent and possesses the ability to learn quickly.
- Able to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds and levels within and external to the organization.
- Software:Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Machines/Equipment: Personal computer.
- Computer peripheral equipment.
- Working / Environmental Conditions:Atmosphere and environment associated with an office setting.
- Atmosphere and environment associated with patient care setting.
- Subject to many interruptions.
- Occasionally subjected to irregular hours.
- Requires judgement that could affect image of the City of Hope.
- Occasional pressure due to deadline requirements.
- Exposed to material of a confidential nature on a regular basis.
- Subject to handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Tobacco-free Campus.
- Physical Demands:Light physical effort (lift/carry up to 10 lbs).
- Frequent prolonged standing/walking
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
- Works at PC involving focused concentration
- Works at computer tasks involving hand/wrist coordination
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.