City of Hope Research Protocol Analyst - IACUC Coordinator in Duarte, California
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nationâ€™s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Requisition ID : 11167
Job Title: Research Protocol Analyst (IACUC Coordinator)
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities:
This position is primarily in support of the institutional research oversight committees. Portfolio mainly consists IACUC and IBC protocols with some OSBC and SCRO. Including institutional policies, communication with research investigators and their staff in an effort to facilitate protocol submission and review processes. Participates in team effort to coordinate generation and distribution of meeting agendas and develops meeting summaries/minutes reflective of the committeeâ€™s protocol review activity, deliberations and decision-making. Maintain files of committee actions on protocols. The position requires frequent interaction with Principal Investigators (P.I.s) and their administrative staff. Coordination of research subject protection activities, including compliance with institutional policies. Research Analyst II will need some science background in order to ensure protocol applications are complete.
Provide administrative support to the committees.
- Enter and track protocol submissions and review process within the iRIS database
- Perform administrative pre-review
- Assign correct review path and reviewers
- Advises investigators as needed when completing application submissions.
- Schedule and coordinate IACUC meetings
- Prepare agendas for committee meetings and circulate
- Write and review minutes
- Communicate with investigators to address responses to requests for modifications
- Assists in coordination efforts between the relevant committees
- Work with new investigative staff to establish protocols at City of Hope
- Assist in compiling metrics and reports, identify gaps/holes in data
- Assist Research Protocol Analyst III in training of new staff
In depth review as required
- Assist Research Protocol Analyst III in providing technical pre-review of incoming protocols for preliminary determination of completeness and regulatory compliance. Work constructively with investigative staff to revise protocols, as needed, to bring protocols into compliance with federal and state regulations and City of Hope policies and procedures prior to distributing to committee members for review.Consult with the LRP Director/committee chairs/veterinarians as needed to ensure accuracy of pre-review in complex cases.
Supporting the Director
- Schedules and plans the semi-annual research facilities inspections program (IACUC).
- Follows up inspection with communications to facilities and labs ensure that follow-up items are documented and appropriately addressed.
- Assist in compiling and finalizing extensive semi-annual reports which are submitted to the Institutional Official.
- Conduct congruence analysis to ensure that proposed animal activities are consistent with the associated funding application(s).
- Assist with administrative duties related to drafting reports of non-compliance and required annual reports to governing agencies, including coordinating review and approval by key parties.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Minimum Education: Bachelorâ€™s Degree in related science subject. Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- Minimum Experience: Minimum 2-5 years relevant work experience
- Preferred Experience: Experience with IRB, IBC committee functions
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability