City of Hope Project Coordinator, Human Subjects Protection in Duarte, California
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nationâ€™s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Project Coordinator, Human Subjects Protection
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities:
The Project Coordinator provides support to the Director of Human Research Subjects Protection in the administration, coordination, implementation and ongoing evaluation of all phases of projects in the department.
He/she will be part of the carrying out the translation of research consent forms, including interactions with outside vendors, coordinating an education program at City of Hope, and other special projects, including but not limited to, assisting with the coordination of AAHRPP activities, website update, audit coordination, IRB member evaluation, etc.
- Serve as coordinator for the translation of research consent forms into a foreign language.
- Process consent forms translations using iRIS.
- Interact and monitor the translation vendor regarding the translation of consent forms to track the status of projects.
- Perform a quality assurance check on research consent forms prior to translation to administratively verify the content and accuracy of consent forms.
- Assist with the development and preparation of all IRB educational activities. Including but not limited to the creation of an educational newsletter, modifying the content of the Human Research Subjects Protection intranet webpage, implementation of HopeBoard as an educational tool, etc.
- Monitors and maintains the education activities of HRSP staff and IRB members.
- Participate in quality improvement activities, including but not limited to creating surveys for end user.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, includingadherence to theworkplaceCode of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- High school diploma plus 2+ years post high school, college-level education.
- Preferred Education: BA/BS degree. Experience may substitute.
- Professional demeanor, excellent communication and organizational skills to work with a wide audience.
- Working knowledge and use of iRIS.
- Other Experience: CIP certification.
- Aptitude:Work well in a team setting.
MS Word, required.
- Excel, required
- PowerPoint, required
- Access, preferred
- MS Project or project management software, preferred.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.