City of Hope Medical Oncology RN FT Days in Duarte, California
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nationâ€™s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities
Registered Nurses who practice in Medical Oncology Services are characterized by their passion and compassion. Working closely with their physician colleagues, these professionals deliver care, and are called upon to assess if a transfer from outpatient to inpatient status is advisable when intense treatment or observation placement may be required.
Unit East Hospital B has 25 beds and our Registered Nurses provide care to.
Inpatient services include:
- Pre and post-surgical care;
- Care associated with clinical trials/Pharmacokinetics;
- Pain Management;
- Management of the side effects of disease or treatment;
- Diagnostic and other therapeutic procedures;
- Recognition and management of surgical emergencies;
- Patient education
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration
- ADN (Associate Degree in Nursing) and/or BSN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) degree preferred.
- 1plus years of recent clinical RN experience in an acute care setting
- Medical Oncology/Telemetry preferred.
- Current California RN License.
- CurrentAmerican Heart Association BLS required.
- CCRN preferred. OCN preferred.** (Internal Clinical Nurse in Job Code 9011, 9020, 9013, or 9014)City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.