City of Hope Manager, Diagnostic Systems Support in Duarte, California
Job Title: Manager, Diagnostic Systems Support
ABOUT CITY OF HOPE:
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nationâ€™s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
POSITION SUMMARY & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Manager of Diagnostic Systems Support will support Radiology, Laboratory, Pharmacy Respiratory, Surgery and various clinical ancillary departments with all Information Technology requests. Working with the Director of Clinical Ancillary Systems (CAS), the Manager of Diagnostic Systems Support provides leadership for developing, implementing and supporting all ancillary system initiatives. This position will assist in the support and maintenance of the existing and future clinical information systems. This position requires the ability to oversee the development of approaches and solutions using clinical systems, when advantageous, to streamline clinical processes and/or resolve clinical process issues.
- Coordinates and participates in all aspects of clinical systems analysis, planning, design, development, implementation, testing, training, communication, ongoing support & enhancements for existing or new functionality related to clinical systems.
- Manages a team of 8-10 Business Analysts and Project Managers to optimize clinical and patient information system configuration, function and access.
- Actively participates in identifying HIPAA related Information Security concerns and issues within clinical systems, and assists in corrective measures. Issues may include but are not limited to user non-repudiation (general access accounts), authentication/authorization of tasks, confidentiality of patient information, and documentation of procedures.
- Evaluates system performance problems, customer requests for system change, and participates in change management, issue documentation and resolution activities.
- Supports the utilization of clinical systems to optimize patient safety initiatives.
- Demonstrates an understanding of clinical systems integration needs and works with other Information Systems teams, system administrators and vendors to achieve the desired level of integration.
- Maintains active membership on committees, clinical work groups or process improvement initiatives as needed to communicate and facilitate the ongoing use of clinical systems.
- Maintains current knowledge in trends and advances in the field of clinical information solutions and technology.
- Adheres to, and is responsible for, maintaining the safety standards of the organization
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelors of Science degree in a healthcare related field is preferred (e.g., Lab, Radiology, Pharmacy, or Nursing)
- Alternatively, Bachelors degree in computer science, information systems or related discipline. Experience may substitute
- Demonstrated knowledge and at least 5-8 years experience in Information Systems or Clinical Informatics including user support, change management and project management methodology
- A minimum of 5 years of experience supporting Diagnostic Imaging and/or Lab information systems
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designated by the Project Management Institute PMI.
- The individual must have experience in matrixed organizations, demonstrated by superb relationship building skills, a thorough understanding of organizational dynamics, as well as the proven ability to motivate, organize and enlist the cooperation of others who are outside of oneâ€™s direct authority. Above all, this individual must understand the complexities of matrix management, and value the power of influence over the perception of control.
- Must possess the intelligence, appearance, written and verbal communications skills necessary in order to command the respect of professionals at all levels.
- Work both independently and within an integrated group, who can manage and mentor personnel with diverse backgrounds and knowledge.
- Must be detail, action, solution and results oriented and must demonstrate creativity, foresight and mature judgment in managing the Clinical Information Systems group.
- Must be able to mentor and train a team comprised primarily of technical personnel in consistently applied approaches to process analysis, systems analysis and project & program management.
- High degree of proficiency using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook), and other communications and analytical tools.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. #LI-DA1 | *CB-DA dice