City of Hope Interventional Radiology RN FT Days in Duarte, California
****Full-Time RN position to go 10hr. shifts at a later time***
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nationâ€™s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Interventional Radiology (IR) provides minimally-invasive diagnosis and treatment of diseases while relying on the use of radiological image guidance (fluoroscopy, ultrasound, computed tomography [CT] or magnetic resonance imaging [MRI]). Examples of IR procedures include: chemo embolization, central venous catheter placements, drainage catheter placements, ablations, biopsies etc.
The following shared, organization-wide competencies describe the desired behaviors that will facilitate success at City of Hope:
- Communication - Expresses ideas clearly and constructively (written and spoken, upward and downward, one-on-one and with groups).
- Customer Service - Seeks to understand customer needs and works to exceed customer expectations (internal and external).
- Initiative - Looks for opportunities to improve performance; manages time, work, and relationships effectively and efficiently.
- Professionalism - Treats others with respect; abides by the institutional values; displays a positive and cooperative attitude; adheres to the workplace Code of Conduct and compliance policies.
- Stewardship - Identifies efficiencies to reduce redundancy and/or elimination of tasks resulting in savings of cost, resources, and or/time.
- Teamwork - Works proactively and collaboratively with others to streamline work and achieve mutual goals.
â€ ADN (Associate Degree in Nursing) and / or BSN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) preferred.
â€3 years of clinical experience in Radiology, ER or ICU.
â€ Current California RN License
â€ American Heart Association BLS, ACLS and PALS certifications.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.