City of Hope Ambulatory Care Assistant in Duarte, California
Requisition ID : 12649
Position: Ambulatory Care Assistant (3Positions Available)
Union : SEIU
Pay Range : $15.32- $22.98 per hour
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nationâ€™s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Will provide support for the physician and nursing staff in the delivery of healthcare by performing a variety of clinical and clerical duties.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, includingadherence to theworkplaceCode of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
High School Graduate or equivalent plus oneof the following:
Non-licensed graduate of a Registered Nurse or Licenses Vocational Nurse (LVN) program; or
- Enrollment in an approved RN program and completion of at least one medical surgical clinical rotation; or
- Certification as a Medical Assistant; or
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant Program; or
- Certification as a Nursing Assistant (CNA); or
- Two years medical office experience
- Requires one year of patient care experience. CNA or Medical Assistant Certified
- BCLS Certification
- Certified Medical Assistant; Phlebotomy certification; CNA certification
Req. Protective Equipment
- Eye Protection/Goggles, Gown, mask, medical gloves, respirator
- Heavy physical effort (lift/carry up to 50 pounds)
- Prolonged. Extensive, or considerable standing/walking
- Lifts, positions, pushes and or transfers patients
- Lifts supplies/equipment
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.