City of Hope Administrative Program Manager in Duarte, California
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Requisition ID : 10757
Job Title: Administrative Program Manager
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities:
Provides programmatic management for the development of the Gastrointestinal Program and the Genitourinary Program, and its clinical and translational research operations. Managesprogram membership as well as senior level committees and facilitates grants funded by the Program. Position has a high level of autonomy, collaborates with contributors across the organization (research, administrative, medical, and support personnel), and is a key position in the Program. Position requires excellent organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail, self-motivation and creativity. Serves as a primary point of contact/information for the Program and outside constituents.
- Manages clinical research operations via facilitating operational and administrative tasks and acting as program liaison for Sponsored Research, Clinical Trials Office, IRB, clinical faculty across the organizationa and Beckman Research Institute.
- Understands the administration of budgets expenses. Oversees expenditures within established limits. Understands and monitors budget activities and analyzes variances.
- Manages operational and administrative tasks and acts as program manager for information sciences, research associates and research nurses by providing necessary documentation and effectively communicating data needs.
- Manages basic, clinical and/or translational research meetings and research retreats with relevent physicians, scientists and other research support staff by creating agendas, collecting and sharing appropriate information and reports and ensuring resulting action items are fulfilled.
- Brings grant opportunities to the attention of clinical personnel to initiate interest and facilitate application.
- Provides ongoing communication to Supervisor and Administration regarding program development, fulfillment of program goals and information that may impact fulfillment of goals and budgeted targets.
- Coordinates program's participation in COH internal education programs such as Tumor Board and external educational programs, such as CME conferences, by drafting agendas, submitting appropriate information to internal and external offices.
- Collects, maintains and tracks relevant measures of program success clinical trial accrual, grants and manuscripts awarded/submitted, patient volume, finances, and quality outcomes, etc., in collaboration with other members (disease program support groups/CTO clusters) of relevant programs.
- Maintains current knowledge of all program activities and measures to effectively communicate program status and needs to COH leadership.
- Participates in strategic planning for Program regarding operations, patient care services, research, space and all resource needs in support of program development.
- Works closely with Program Leader(s) in identifying and prioritizing the Programs' administrative, operational, research and resource needs. Create project plans to outline needs and strategies for fulfilling needs.
- Works with the Philanthropy office to support program fundraising efforts by providing relevant and timely information about program success and providing assistance in developing and reviewing donor proposals and reports.
- Works with Marketing Office to support development of annual marketing plan and advertising plan by providing relevant and timely information about program successes or compelling stories. Maintains and updates program specific website in coordination with web marketing team.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree.
- Minimum Experience: 3+ years progressively responsible for business management, project and program management within an academic or research environment including experience in budget management.
- Preferred Education: Master's Degree.
- Preferred Experience: Knowledge about federal grant application, processing and management.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.